UbuWeb Top Ten:
Selected by Alan Licht
1. Derek Bailey Interview by Henry Kaiser
2. Richard Foreman MP3 loops from Now That Communism Is Dead My Life Feels Empty
3. Bruce Nauman "Record"
4. bpNichol -- all sound works
5. Cornelius Cardew "Stockhausen Serves Imperialism"
6. Philip Guston/Clark Coolidge "Poor Richard"
7. Lou Reed "the View from the Bandstand"
8. Jack Smith "Buzzards Over Baghdad"
9. Richard Meltzer "Barbara Mauritz: Music Box"
10. Adrian Piper "Untitled 1968"
Over the past two decades, guitarist Alan Licht has worked with a veritable who's who of the experimental world. He has released five albums of compositions for tape and solo guitar, and his sound and video installations have been exhibited in the U.S. and Europe. His new book Sound Art: Beyond Music, Between Media, the first extensive survey of the genre in English, was published by Rizzoli in fall 2007.